When a Permit is Required
A permit is required to dispose of construction/demolition and bulky waste. To obtain a Construct/Demolition and Bulky Waste Permit you must:
  • Have the load of construction/demolition or bulky waste inspected by the Department of Public Works office for Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection Waste Ban items on the day of disposal (Thursday or Friday).
  • Have a valid drivers license, proof of residency, and a vehicle registration for the vehicle transporting the load.
Obtaining a Permit
Permits may be obtained for disposal of these items on the 2nd Saturday (7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) of every month at the Department of Public Works office during normal office hours (Mon through Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) without inspection. The inspection will occur at the Transfer Station before the disposal of the load. These permits are limited to 25 on a first come-first serve basis.

Please contact the Department of Public Works at 781-741-1430 with any questions.