Back to Scholarship Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Hingham Town Hall
The meeting was called to order at 7:35 P.M.
Attendees: Lisa Virello – Chair
Jean Montgomery – Treasurer
Absent: Scott Peterson, Clerk
The Committee voted unanimously:
1. To accept the minutes from the October 24, 2007 meeting.
2. To elect Frank Gaul as the new Chair effective July 1, 2008.
3. To elect Kurt Weisenbeck as the new Secretary effective July 1, 2008.
4. To disburse $160,000 for 2008 scholarship awards in December 2008.
5. To rebalance the funds to align with Investment Policy allocations for equities and fixed income. The following actions will be taken:
a. Sell $100,000 of Prime MM Fund
b. Sell $22,464 of Long-Term Treasury
c. Buy $40,413 of Growth and Income
d. Buy $12,246 of Mid-Cap Index Fund
e. Buy $40,413 of PRIMECAP
f. Buy $12,246 of Small-Cap Growth Index
g. Buy $17,142 of Dodge & Cox Int’l
- Lisa Virello and Scott Peterson will leave the Committee on June 30, 2008 as
their terms will expire. Committee members were encouraged to identify
potential new members and to contact either Jean Montgomery or Betty Tower
- The Committee scheduled the fall meeting for Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at
7:30 P.M. at Hingham Town Hall.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 P.M.