Back to Scholarship Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Hingham Town Hall
The meeting was called to order at 7:35 P.M.
Attendees: Heidi Ford - Chair
Scott Peterson - Secretary
Jean Montgomery - Treasurer’s Rep.
Patricia Tomecek - Hingham H.S. Rep.
Absent: James MacAllen
The Committee voted unanimously:
- To accept and approve the draft minutes for the meeting on April 12, 2006; and
- To fund scholarships awarded to the Class of 2006 in the amount of $151,500.00 from the Prime Money Market Fund.
- The Board discussed a potential vacancy on the Board due to the possible resignation of Jim MacAllen. The Board also discussed individuals whom the Board would recommend to the Board of Selectmen and Moderator to replace Ken Buntrock, Heidi Ford, and Fred Hussey when their terms expire in 2007. Jean Montgomery to provide names to the Selectmen’s Office; and
- Pat Tomecek provided the following report: There were 244 graduates from HHS in 2006. Of the graduates, 189 applied for scholarships. The total amount of scholarships granted was $282,600.00. The individual scholarships ranged from $175 to $5,000; and
- The Committee scheduled the Spring meeting for Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 7:30 P.M at Hingham Town Hall.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 P.M.
Scott D. Peterson – Secretary
cc: Board of Selectmen