Back to Scholarship Committee Meeting Minutes
Hingham Scholarship Fund Committee - Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Hingham Town Hall
The meeting was called to order at 7:45 P.M.
Thomas Hagstrom – Chair
Jean Montgomery – Treasurer
Kurt Weisenbeck – Clerk
The Committee voted unanimously:
- To accept the minutes from the October 7, 2009 meeting.
- To disburse $144,000 for 2010 scholarship awards in December 2010.
- To reallocate in order to cover the disbursement of the 2010 scholarship awards
and to provide further diversification within the fixed income asset class. The
following actions will be taken:
- Sell $200,000 of the Vanguard Intermediate-Term Investment Grade
- Buy $100,000 of the Vanguard Prime MM Fund
- Buy $100,000 of the Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund. This
will be a new addition to the Fund.
- The Committee discussed several ideas for fundraising. Before proceeding, the
Committee will request approval from the Selectmen to engage in fundraising
- The Committee scheduled the fall meeting for Wednesday, October 19, 2010 at
7:30 P.M. at Hingham Town Hall.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 P.M.