Town Government &
Departments: Public Works
| News and Announcements
- Hingham's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day is scheduled for May 16, 2015 from 9 AM to 1 PM at Plymouth River School. Please review the list of Materials that will be accepted and additional dates and locations for dropoff. Hazardous Waste Collections
- New Trees in Town : The Tree and Parks Department planted many new trees around town recently. They are hoping to solicit help from residents who live near these new trees to help with watering. It is very important for new trees to get as much water as possible in the first few months after planting. If you live near one of these new trees, it would be a great help if you could water it when possible. The newest trees have support cables and pink ribbons on them. Please abide by Aquarion's watering restrictions. Your help is appreciated. Any questions, please contact the DPW at 781-741-1430
- Notice to Utilities: List of Roads that fall under the 5 Year Moratorium has been updated through December, 2015.
- The DPW Office
will be OPEN the following Saturdays
(2nd Saturday of the month)
8:00am – 12:00pm
|January 10, 2015
||July 11, 2015
|February 14, 2015
||August 8, 2015
|March 14, 2015
||September 12, 2015
|April 15, 2015
||October 10, 2015
|May 9, 2015
||November 14, 2015
|June 13, 2015
||December 12, 2015
- TO OBTAIN A TRANSFER STATION STICKER/PERMIT:
Please bring to the DPW OFFICE at 25 Bare Cove Park Drive:
- Vehicle you want the sticker on
- Current Vehicle Registration (registered in Hingham).
- If Leased Vehicle please provide Coverage Selection Page of Car Insurance Policy to prove car is garaged in Hingham.
- If new resident please see below.
- Driver's License
- Transfer Station Permit Application (available online or at the DPW Office)
- One free permit/sticker per household. $25.00 charge for additional stickers (cash or check only).
If New Resident:
- We can issue a Three-Week Temporary Permit to new residents to give you time to change your address on your registration. Please bring proof of residency (Hingham Light bill, Purchase and Sale or Lease Agreement) in addition to list above.
- If your registration is not due to expire, you can change your address on your registration by contacting your car insurance company. They will send you a Coverage Selections Page of your policy that shows your new address. Please bring that document in with your registration and we can then put a permit/sticker on your vehicle.
- Black Residential Transfer Station Permits (Stickers) have expired
See Transfer Station for full details
- DPW Reminder: Rules and guidelines for snowstorms
Hingham Department of Public Works is reminding all town residents that there is a sand/salt mixture available at the Transfer Station, Thursday through Sunday from 7:00am 4:00pm.
When snow is forecast, residents are asked to keep all parked vehicles off streets that are plowed by the town to expedite snowplowing and sanding operations. Vehicles obstructing plowing and sanding operations will be towed at the owner's expense. No one other than Town employees or contractors hired by the town may shovel, snow-blow, or plow ice or snow onto a public roadway (Town By-Law Article 10, section 6A). The Town is not responsible for damaged mailboxes, driveway aprons, walkways, stone walls, grassed areas, shrubs, trees, fences, planters, barrels, basketball hoops, or any other object within the town layout.
Please call the DPW if you have any questions at 781-741-1430.
Illicit Stormwater Discharge Hotline
To report an incident of illicit discharge of liquids/materials into our stormwater system, please notify us by calling our hotline at 781-804-2437.
TRANSFER STATION STICKERS
The stickers are available at the DPW office at 25 Bare Cove Park Drive, Monday thru Friday between 8AM and 4PM. Residents must provide their registration and proof of identification for the stickers which are placed directly onto the vehicle. For more information on stickers, recycling, or the Transfer Station please see the Transfer Station Rules and Regulations or call the DPW, at 781-741-1430.
View Larger Map