search the site:  | site map
Hingham Massachusetts, Incorporated 1635, History & Pride
 

Town Government &
  Services:

 

Sewer Stations Operated and Maintained by the Hingham Sewer Department 

              
Walton Cove Station
106 Downer Avenue

This station was built in 1961. The pumps, motors, drive-shafts and ventilation were all replaced in 1980 and have had several modifications since then. A 6-foot tall chain-link fence with barbed wire was removed and a 2-rail post & rail fence was erected in 1999. All of the electrical system was upgraded a few years ago.  A new bubbler system was installed here to operate the pumps.  The generator was converted from gasoline to natural gas.

 

 

 

 

 The Walton Cove Station 

 The pumps, controls,  emergency generator and automatic transfer switch  

The driveshafts and discharge piping on the second floor  

 

 

 

 
The Ford Industrial engine that powers the emergency generator

 The garden and bird bath in the front yard