- Public Works
- Transfer Station
- Disposing Recyclables & Waste
- Bulky, Construction & Demolition Waste
Bulky, Construction & Demolition Waste
New Disposal Rates Effective May 1, 2021
Please be advised that the DPW Office no longer issues permits for bulk waste disposal. As of May 1, 2021, new rates are in effect at the Hingham Transfer Station. All Hingham Residents and Commercial sticker holders will be charged for Appliances, Electronics, and C&D/Bulky Waste (Including Furniture) according to the updated rates approved by the Board of Selectmen on March 16, 2021, shown below:
- Appliances (Microwaves, Stoves, Refrigerators, etc.) - $15 per item
- Electronics (TVs, CRTs, Monitors) - $15 per item
- Residential C&D / Bulky Waste (including Furniture) - $120 per ton, $15 min. up to 250 lbs. then $.06 per lb.
All Commercial Vehicles will be charged according to the updated rates approved by the Board of Selectmen on March 16, 2021, shown below:
- Hingham Resident Commercial Sticker (Hingham Debris Only) - $50 - Yearly
- Out of Town Commercial Sticker (Hingham Debris Only) - $150.00 - Yearly
- All Commercial C&D/Bulky Waste (Hingham Debris Only) - $320 per ton, $45 min. up to 300 lbs. then $.16 per lb.
NOTE: There is a cubic yard limit for all Commercial Vehicles of no more than 5 cubic yards. Residential Vehicles have a cubic yard limit of no more than 3 cubic yards.
You may borrow a vehicle (bring registration) to dispose of bulky, construction and demolition waste, however, it CANNOT be a commercial vehicle (commercial plates or writing on the side of the vehicle). If renting a vehicle it may be a pickup truck or van (please bring rental agreement).
NOTE: Box trucks and utility trailers larger than 5x9 are PROHIBITED from the Transfer Station.
- Place bulky waste in open top trailer
- All wood waste MUST be cut into 3-foot lengths (this will be strictly enforced)
- Separate all other trash from construction type waste
- Non-compostable wood wastes of all types are accepted
- Construction/demolition materials (building permit may be required)
- Large furniture, rugs
- Mattress/Boxspring - $20 each item
- All metal must be recycled. No metal allowed into construction and demolition/bulky waste containers.
- Please separate all household rubbish from construction type waste.
- All waste ban (i.e. recyclable and hazardous waste items) are prohibited from disposal in these containers.
- All rubble (i.e., tile, cement, granite, brick, stones etc.)