Flammable Licenses

The Code of Massachusetts Regulations 527 CMR 14.00 and ART. 20 under the Massachusetts General Laws requires a Flammable License to be issued for:
  • Class I Fluids over 10,000 gallons
  • Class I Fluids - Bulk Storage (fixed) over 10,000 gallons
  • Class I Fluids - Non Bulk Storage over 793 gallons
  • Class II Fluids over 10,000 gallons
  • Class III Fluids over 10,000 gallons
  • Flammable Solids over 100 pounds
  • Flammable Gases within a building over 3,000 cf.
  • Flammable Gases outside a building over 10,000 cf.
An application must be made to the Selectmen's office at 781-741-1400. If you have any questions as to whether you must hold a license, contact the Fire Prevention Officer, Hingham Fire Department, at 781-741-1488, to arrange a site visit.

There is an annual fee of $100, due and payable by January 1. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Hingham and mailed to:
Town Clerk
210 Central Street
Hingham, MA 02043