September 10, 2018
School Department Conference Room
Monday, September 10, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Minutes
2.1 Minutes of the School Committee meeting held on June 18, 2018
2.2 Minutes of the School Committee meeting held on July 23, 2018
2.3 Minutes of the Community Outreach Subcommittee meeting held on March 19, 2018
3. Questions and Comments
Audience comments are always welcome as agenda items are discussed. The School Committee has set aside fifteen minutes on this agenda to enable members of the audience to raise questions and make comments on any matter of general concern that is not on the agenda. Individual speakers shall be limited to three minutes. Speakers are reminded that the meeting is being televised and are asked to respect the privacy rights of others. Comments against any individual are not allowed by Policy #3.7.5.
4. Superintendent’s Report
• Good News!
• Enrollment and Start of School Update
• Vacancy and Hiring Update
• August and September 2018 Facilities Update
5.1 Communications Received by the Superintendent
5.2 Student Communications
5.3 Other Communications
6. New Business
6.1 To hear the Town’s financial update by Mary Power, Board of Selectmen.
6.2 To receive the proposed School Committee Special Reports Calendar for 2018-2019.
6.3 To receive the PreK-5 curriculum flyers for the 2018-2019 school year and hear comments on the changes from 2017-2018.
6.4 To review plans for the September 15, 2018 School Committee Planning Meeting.
6.5 To consider the home school application of Annelise Ling (Grade 1) for 2018-2019.
6.6 To consider the home school application of Emmet Doran (Grade 1) for 2018-2019
6.7 To receive notification of the appointments of the following teachers, all effective
August 27, 2018: Rachel Petit, Special Education and Regular Education at East School; Amy Miller, Special Education at Foster School; Molly Baggott and Jamie Cataldo, Social Studies at Hingham High School; Stephanie Whalen-McCosker, Special Education at Plymouth River School; and Megan Whoriskey, Classroom Teacher at South School.
6.8 To receive notification of the following appointments effective August 29, 2018:
• Maryellen Holler, Elementary Substitute Caller
• Food Service Technicians Bobbi-Jo Hamilton at Foster; Sherilyn Biagini, Kelly Cusick, and Joyce License at HHS; and Tammy Nyman and Coralys Perez at PRS.
• Food Service Assistant Director Annabelle Ho.
• Kids in Action Assistant Director Jacquelyn Sansone and Teacher Annemarie Castro.
• Paraeducators: East School: Julia Ferrante, Shannon Hayward, Alexis MacLeod, and Beth Weiner. Foster School: Karly Atturio, Christine Gendron, Karen Kazolias, and Cindy Shea. Hingham High School: Dorian Brady, ElizaBeth Cloutier, Donald Edwards, Melissa Gaffney, Caroljo Killeen, Michael LaBelle, Maureen McCarthy-Dunn, Jennifer Murphy, Amanda Ross, and Marlee Stanley. Hingham Middle School: Tracy Coughlin, Jennie Donahue, Bridget Eason, Megan Lynch, Meaghan Morrissey, and Jillian O’Leary. Plymouth River School: Alyssa Baldwin, Sarah Ellis, and Stephanie Hennessy. South School: Kirstyn Tanous and Tara Toomey-Barry.
• Title I Math Tutors Allison Ford at HMS and Letitia Riel at PRS.
6.9 To receive notification of advancements on the salary scale on September 1, 2018 of Maura Albrecht to D Step 8, Zachary Bagan to B15 Step 3, Joann Bellis to M15 Step 6, Brianne Elinoff to B15 Step 4, Nicole Finneran to M Step 5, Corrina Ford to M60 Step 13, Tim Galvin to B15 Step 5, Audrey Healey to M60 Step 13, Elizabeth Moore to M60 Step 5, Brian Pattison to M60 Step 13, Shawna Reames to M15 Step 9, Alexandra Ricciuti to M Step 5, Magdalena Ross to M15 Step 4, Boris Samarov to M30 Step 9, Brad Santarpia to M15 Step 7, Carrie Beth Sorokoff to M60 Step 13, Chelsea Vangel to M Step 4, and Sarah Vogel to M15 Step 5.
6.10 To receive notification of the resignations of Dorothy Morin, Bus Driver; Daria Rindone, Kids in Action Teacher; Mary Courtney Whamond, Paraeducator at PRS; and Katherine Shaughnessy, Paraeducator at Foster School.
7. Other items as may not reasonably be known 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
8. Subcommittee and Project Reports