October 15, 2019
210 Central Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Cleaner Greener Hingham
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
1. DPW Liaison:
a) Any updates from the Transfer Station?
b) Plastic films collection at Transfer Station
c) Review RDP points with Randy
d) Food Waste collection pilot at Transfer Station
2. Newsletter – update format? More infographics / less text? Newsletter topics ideas?
3. Education and outreach “campaigns” we are working on:
a) Bag bylaw takes effect Nov 1, 2019 – discuss:
1. Window stickers – Stucky, Maria, Katie P. Need help distributing?
2. Promotion of reusable bags - farmers market on 10/5, library cart (again?), newspaper article, The Anchor, Fruit Center contest, window at Brewed Awakenings, update bulletin board at Town Hall or Hingham Community Center, School Green Teams, Churches / Synagogue, Harbor Media (Pete), Facebook, other ideas?
3. Additional work with school PTO Green Committees to promote reusable bags
4. Website updates
5. Other ideas?
b) Facebook Green Tips
c) Demonstration boxes at Transfer Station - Stucky J
d) Sustainability program at Hingham Community Center
e) Plastic bag recycling at Transfer Station – Stucky J
f) Website - What Must I Recycle document needs to be approved by Randy, use parts to update CGH website?
g) School Green Teams – all school meeting is 10/23/19. Update the PTO contact list – Katie G.
h) Working with Hingham Sports Partnership, Athletic Director and coaches, and fall youth sports teams to reduce water bottles – Andy
i) Sale of single use water bottles at school lunch – Andy?
j) Recycling and promoting reusable water bottles at schools – work with School Green Teams
k) HHS Green Team reusable bags for sale at Homecoming on 10/12/19
4. Approval of Minutes from 9/26/19 meeting
5. Items not reasonably anticipated 48 hrs. in advance