January 6, 2020
210 Central Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Monday, January 6, 2020
January 6, 2020
Town Hall, 210 Central Street
7:00 PM Public Hearings on Proposed Changes to the Zoning By-law
- Abandonment or Discontinuance of Nonconforming Single-Family and Two Family Dwellings - The intent of this article is to specify exemptions that relate to abandoned or discontinued nonconforming Single-Family and Two-Family Dwellings. The proposed amendment would more clearly state that a conforming Single-Family or Two-Family Dwelling use could be reestablished in a dimensionally nonconforming building or structure that had been abandoned or discontinued. The amendment would also limit the changes that could then be made to the building or structure to those that either (i) maintain or improve the nonconforming dimensions and (ii) add or expand in a manner that complies with current height and yard requirements, or act on anything related thereto.
- Section IV-A and IV-B Lot Coverage Restrictions - The intent of this article is to set lot coverage restrictions for both buildings and hardscape in Residential Zoning Districts A, B, C, D and E, or act on anything related thereto.
- Site Plan Review - The intent of this article is to make minor corrections and add clarifying language in Section I-I, and to amend Section IV-B.6.b. to delete the existing text and insert “all projects that 1) create a land disturbance or an alteration of drainage patterns over an area greater than 5,000 square feet; or 2) create a land disturbance of more than 1,000 square feet in areas with slopes greater than 10%” which lowers the threshold of disturbance that triggers Site Plan Review, or act on anything related thereto.
- Section III-G Downtown Hingham Overlay District - The intent of this article is to modify the provisions of Section III-G to make minor corrections, to clarify the requirements for the first floor commercial use regarding location and the extent of the building footprint that must be dedicated to the commercial use, and clarify the location of dwelling units within a commercial/residential building with multiple ground floors, or act on anything related thereto.
126 Cushing Street – Site Plan Review in Association with a Building Permit
Project entails demolition of existing structure and construction of new single family residence
- Administrative Reports
- Review and Adoption of Minutes from previous meetings