According to DPH, Massachusetts has been experiencing a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases since early November.
- In Hingham, we’re seeing a significant more recent uptick in new COVID-19 cases as well. DPH is reporting 80 new COVID-19 cases during the 14-day period ending on 12/2/2021, compared to 44 cases over the two-week period ending 11/25/2021.
In light of this significant uptick, I’d like to remind people to continue to take precautions to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Public health protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 include wearing face coverings, practicing social distancing, frequently washing hands, among other measures.
- The overall vaccination rate for Hingham is 76%. If you look at only vaccine-eligible individuals in Hingham (people age 5+), the percent of fully vaccinated eligible residents is 80%.
- According to DPH, approximately 54% of Hingham residents ages 5-11 have received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Hingham Health and Fire Departments are working to organize a regional vaccine booster clinic with the Town of Cohasset for Tuesday, January 4th. The clinic will take place at the South Shore Baptist Church in Hingham and will offer Moderna booster shots to residents from Hingham and Cohasset. We will publish details about how to register once we have received the vaccine supplies. We may also potentially hold a mini clinic for Hingham residents only on 12/28 with limited booster shots available.
Other local resources include:
- There is a drive-up vaccine clinic at the Marshfield Fair Grounds on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9am-4pm. The Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, and Pfizer vaccines are all available at the Marshfield clinic. They are encouraging people to make appointments at http://www.marshfield-ma.gov , but will also offer shots to those without appointments, while supplies last. Those without appointments should arrive before 2pm. They are offering 1st and 2nd vaccine doses and booster shots. The holiday schedule for the Marshfield clinic will be Tuesday/Weds/Thursday during Christmas Week (Dec 21-23) and New Years Week (Dec 28-30) from 9am-4pm.
- CVS and Walgreens locations in Hingham are offering vaccines by appointment only but no COVID-19 testing. Local Walgreens have booster availability during the week of 12/20.
- CVS locations that are offering COVID-19 testing include the CVS on Commercial Street in Weymouth, CVS on Rockland Street in Hanover, and the CVS on Main Street in South Weymouth.