HINGHAM — The Hingham Health Department reports that the Town of Hingham has made COVID-19 test kits available at several locations throughout town.
The kits are iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests, with two tests included per box.
The kits are available, free of charge, at the following locations:
- Hingham Police Station, 212 Central St.
- Hingham Fire Station, 339 Main St.
- Hingham Recreation office, Hingham Town Hall and Hingham Health Department, 210 Central St.
- Hingham Farmers Market at Wompatuck State Park Visitors Center, 204 Union St.
- Hingham Senior Center, 224 Central St.
Information on when and how to test yourself for COVID-19 can be found on the mass.gov website.
On Feb. 28, Hingham Public Schools implemented a mask-optional policy in its buildings and on its busses. On March 3, the Hingham Board of Health lifted its mask advisory. On March 4, the Town Administrator lifted the masking requirement in non-school buildings in town, effective March 7. These decisions leave masking an individual’s option in all town-owned facilities.
Residents who have questions about COVID-19 testing and policies can contact the Hingham Health Department at 781-741-1466. Residents can also view the Town’s COVID-19 Update Page.