Assistant Town Administrator Art Robert presented the following report to the Select Board, at their May 24 meeting:
The federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) continues to determine Plymouth County’s COVID-19 community level to be High. At this level, the CDC recommends:
- Wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public places regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
- Follow the CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine.
- Get tested if you have been exposed.
On May 13, we informed the community of the CDC’s determination and its recommendations through our web site & posting on Town buildings.
Our COVID-19 Updates web page, updated on Mondays, includes updated data for Hingham:
- The following data is from 5/1 – 5/14, compared to the previous 2 week period of 4/24 – 5/7
- Hingham’s 14-day average incidence rate is 56.8, up from 42.3, a 34% increase from the previous week
- Hingham’s 14-day average positivity rate is 14.6%, up over 11.3% from the previous week
- The data presented is PCR laboratory tests not at home tests. The increase of cases could be from travel, vacations, graduations and parties this season.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) looks at the combination of three metrics to measure COVID 19 levels in our County. This data is updated weekly, on Thursdays based on new admissions and inpatient bed metrics, based on the current level of new cases per 100,000 population in the past 7 days.
We remain vigilant and will continue to monitor data and take coordinated action as needed.