In an effort to stay within the limits of our water management act registration constraints, stress on major components of the water treatment plant, strain on our sources, and other factors, the WRWS will be implementing annual restrictions effective July 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022. We will communicate any extension or elevation of this water conservation effort to all users.
Annual Watering Restrictions
WRWS Rules and Regulations - Section 24(a) – Pages 23-24: The Weir River Water System may restrict non-essential outdoor water use for water utilized from the water service connection as a means of managing its water supply. Based on an evaluation of drought conditions, extended forecasts, groundwater levels, surface water levels, stream and river flows, the state and condition of its water supply, or the time of year, the Weir River Water System may implement water restriction programs at any time:
Annual Restrictions: The following restrictions may be implemented by the Weir River Water System at any time during the period April 15 through October 15 (the “restriction period”) and shall apply to all Customers:
Operation of irrigation systems or hose-end sprinklers only between 12:01 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Watering by sprinkler or irrigation systems is allowed on Customers’ assigned day only before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
Customers’ assigned days are as follows:
- Odd addresses: Tuesdays and/or Saturdays;
- Even addresses: Wednesdays and/or Sundays;
- No address: Sundays and/or Wednesdays
Hand watering is allowed anytime, unless prohibited pursuant to Drought Condition Restrictions.
The Weir River Water System may institute further restrictions, on a community-by-community basis, as conditions or regulations may require.
The following shall also apply:
- Enforcement: during the restriction period, 1st Violation and 2nd Violation notices shall state the consequences (i.e., shut off-termination charges and fees) for each subsequent violation cited during the restriction period.
- The Weir River Water System will notify local towns and agencies and the Department of Environmental Protection of the implementation of restrictions.
- Copies of notification, penalties, termination notices, and acknowledgements of penalties will be kept by the Weir River Water System.
- Customers will be notified by local newspaper and radio stations, signs posted on roadways entering the community, handouts and advance notification through billing of these restrictions. In an emergency requiring 24 hour or less notification, termination will be deferred until the Customer found in violation is personally notified.
- Exceptions may be granted for Annual Restrictions based on the review and approval of the Weir River Water System.
- Restrictions will remain in effect until public notice is given by the Weir River Water System.
- Costs of termination and restoration must be paid in full before service is restored.
- The words “Personal Notification” shall be taken to include posting at the Premises being serviced by hanging or taping to the entrance facing the street, walk or driveway.