The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Polls will be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Precincts 1-4 will vote at Hingham High School, 17 Union Street
- Precincts 5-7 will vote at Hingham Middle School, 1103 Main Street
- Precinct 7A will vote at Willard Square, Linden Ponds, 201 Linden Ponds Way
You may be located in a new precinct. Find your precinct at Where Do I Vote in MA?
- Saturday, October 22 from 9:00-5:00 PM at Town Hall is the last day to Register to Vote for the Special Town Meeting on November 1.
- Saturday, October 29 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at Town Hall is the last day to Register to Vote for the November 8 Election.
Early Voting Schedule
Early In-Person Voting begins on Saturday, October 22 from 10:00 AM- 4:00PM at Town Hall. Early Voting continues as follows:
- Monday, October 24: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 25: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- Friday, October 28: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Saturday, October 29 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Monday, October 31: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Tuesday, November 1: 8:30 AM to Noon (Clerk Office closing at Noon to prepare for STM)
- Wednesday, November 2: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Thursday, November 3: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Friday, November 4: 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Mail In Ballot Submission Deadlines
All Ballots being returned to the new Town Clerk Drop Box in front of Town Hall must be returned by 8:00 PM on November 8, 2022 (unless being sent via USPS- see below). The new Town Clerk Drop Box is in front of Town Hall; please DO NOT use the green drop box at the end of the driveway.
All ballots being returned by mail from within the US must be postmarked by November 8, 2022 and received by our Office no later than 5:00 PM on Saturday, November 12, 2022.
All ballots being returned by mail from outside the US must be postmarked by November 8, 2022 and received by our Office no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, November 18, 2022.
Tuesday, November 1 by 5:00 PM is also the last day to submit an Early Vote by Mail application.
If submitting a vote by mail application, be sure to SIGN the application card. The application deadline is 5:00 PM on Tuesday Nov 1. Same day as the Special Town Meeting.
When submitting an Early Mail-In Ballot, you must put your ballot in the Early Ballot Envelope pictured below and sign where indicated; otherwise, your ballot will be rejected.