In the Workplace
Leaks don’t just don’t happen at home. You should be on the lookout for leaks even when you are at work. Here are some ways to help find and fix leaks in your workplace.
- If you see a leak – in the restroom, pantry, or outdoors, report it to your maintenance staff.
- Organize a Fix a Leak Week event in your facility to challenge employees and tenants to find leaks and report water waste. You may even be able to get your local water utility to help.
- Put up signs in restrooms and pantries to encourage everyone to look for leaks and report problems. Include information on who they should contact. WaterSense has developed some graphic tools you can use to communicate with employees on the need to report leaks.
- Spread the word about saving water to all tenants, as well as cleaning, housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping staff.
- (2 pp, 638 K, About PDF)
- Interested in knowing more about how to fight leaks and water waste in commercial buildings? We have advice to help you get started.