Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Hingham Veterans Council is now taking nominations for the 2019 Veteran of the Year.
An impartial sub-committee will evaluate finalists. The winner will be announced during the annual Hingham’s Veterans Day celebration on November 11th conducted in Sanborn Auditorium at Hingham Town Hall.
The selected individual will receive formal recognition by both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts State Representative and Senator from the District. The recipient will also be honored with a banner and ride during the July 4th Parade.
• Nominee must be a Veteran under Massachusetts General Law (M.G.L.)
• Resident of the Town of Hingham, or must have resided in the town at the time of the nomination.
• Community service must be voluntary; stipend volunteers will not be eligible.
• Recordable activities must be of significant value to the community and its residents and/or the surrounding area.
• Nominee should possess notable civic leadership; be of strong character, and a highly respected member of the community.
• Deadline for application is September 20th, 1:00p.m.
Nominations should be made in letter or essay format, with completed application cover page. Application packets can be submitted to via mail, email, or simply dropped off at the at the Hingham Town Hall –Town Clerk’s Office 210 Central Street, Hingham, MA
Hingham Town Clerkc/o Veteran of the Year Award Committee210 Central StreetHingham, MA 02043