Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Message from the Town of Hingham
Dear Hingham residents and businesses,
As a precautionary measure to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Hingham is suspending all non-essential services as of close of business on Friday, March 13, 2020. Town facilities will be closed on Saturday, March 14, 2020 through at least Sunday, March 22, 2020 and all public meetings have been cancelled during that time.
Essential government services, such as Police, Fire, and Public Works services will continue. Senior Center operations will be limited to the meals-on-wheels program and providing critical rides for medical appointments, medications, and groceries.
All other Town facilities, including Town Hall offices, DPW offices, Senior Center, Hingham Public Library, South Shore Country Club, Recreation programs, etc. will remain closed through Sunday, March 22, 2020. Hingham Public Schools will be closed through Friday, March 27, 2020.
Town staff will be working remotely to the extent possible and will monitor and respond to emails and voicemails on a limited basis.
We are implementing these measures as a proactive step to minimize the risk of COVID-19 to employees and residents. The Hingham Health Department remains in daily communication with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. As of today, March 13, there are no COVID-19 cases in Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
We continue to encourage residents to take everyday preventive actions, including:
• Clean your hands often by using soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
• To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc.
• Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something
• Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
• Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, and cell phones)
Watch for symptoms including fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you feel like you are developing symptoms, contact your doctor.
This is rapidly changing public health situation. Please call the Hingham Health Department at (781) 741-1466 with any questions or concerns or visit the Massachusetts Department of Public Health website or Centers for Disease Control website for the latest information on COVID-19.
We appreciate everyone’s patience. The health and safety of our community is our primary concern.