News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/22/2020 12:41:03 PM to 4/24/2020 10:18:20 AM.
Posted on: March 22, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Resources for Businesses During COVID-19
- Small Business Recovery Loan Fund: Last week, Governor Baker announced a $10 million Small Business Recovery Loan Fund to provide emergency capital up to $75,000 to Massachusetts-based businesses impacted by COVID-19 with under 50 full and part-time employees, including non-profits. Loans are immediately available to eligible businesses with no payments due for the first six months. Learn more here.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan: The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program is accepting applications from Massachusetts businesses. Learn more and apply here.
- Tax Relief for Businesses: The Baker-Polito Administration announced tax penalty relief to support businesses affected by COVID-19. The Department of Revenue will waive any late-file or late-pay penalties for returns and payment due for meals and room occupancy taxes between March 20 and May 31, 2020.
- Professional Licenses: Professional licenses for individuals in good standing will be extended for 90-days after the end of the public health emergency.
- Unemployment: The MA Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development and the MA Department of Unemployment Assistance, in coordination with the U.S. Department of Labor, are taking a series of actions to assist workers and employers. More guidance is available here.
- MEMA Private Sector Hotline: The Massachusetts Emergency Management Association’s Emergency Operations Center is staffing a hotline for private sector entities Monday-Friday from 8 am-4 pm. The number for the hotline is 508-820-2094.