Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Town of Hingham Health Department210 Central Street, Hingham, MA 02043-2762 - (781) 741-1466 Fax (781) 740-0239
All essential service workers must wear protective face coverings when interacting with the public and when within 6 ft. of a coworker
Effective Sunday, April 19, 2020 @ 12:01am
1. All essential workers must wear protective face coverings when interacting with the public and when they are within 6 ft. of coworkers. This order applies to employees in all grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, and all essential businesses included in Governor Baker’s COVID-19 Essential Services Order. The essential service list can be found on Mass.GOV.
2. Cloth face coverings should:
3. Do not use medical masks, such as the N95 masks - those should be reserved for health care workers and first responders.
4. All businesses must enforce social distancing of 6 ft. between members of the public in their establishments. Businesses shall post signage on the door advising on social distancing.
5. For essential workers who do not wear cloth face coverings when interacting with the public or within 6 ft. of coworkers, the fine will be $50 for a first offense, $150 for a second offense, and $300 for a third offense and possible closure of your business by the Hingham Board of Health.
Please call the Health Department at 781-741-1466 for any questions or email HealthDepartment@hingham-ma.gov.
Guidance for Face Covering, April 20, 2020 (PDF)
Order for Face Covering, April 20, 2020 (PDF)
Printable Sign for Businesses to Post (PDF)