Per Governor Baker’s Phase 1 reopening plan, Hingham athletic fields and tennis courts are eligible to open with restrictions this coming week. Non-school athletic fields and tennis courts will open on Monday, May 25 and athletic fields and tennis courts on school properties will open on Tuesday, May 26. Basketball courts and street hockey courts will remain closed at this time.
Although the number of new COVID-19 cases reported each week has started to decrease, the threat of the virus has not yet passed. It is extremely important to adhere to the following state guidelines when using athletic fields and tennis courts to help prevent a COVID-19 resurgence:
- Only non-contact sports/activities with no shared equipment are allowed
- No pick-up games or organized games/tournaments are allowed
- No groups larger than 10 are allowed to gather
- Wear a face covering when you cannot maintain a social distance of 6 ft. from others
- Sanitize hands before and after play
- Do no share equipment with others
- Clean and wipe down equipment after use
- Wait outside the field of play until previous users have vacated the facility to ensure proper social distancing
Thank you for keeping yourself and your neighbors safe by respecting these guidelines and responsibly enjoying Hingham’s outdoor athletic facilities.
Please direct any questions to the Hingham Health Department at email@example.com or to our Recreation Department at Info@hinghamrec.com.
Read the State’s Specific Safety and Reopening Standards for Parks, Open Space, and Outdoor