News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/16/2020 11:12:17 AM to 8/1/2021 12:00:04 AM.
Posted on: July 16, 2020
[ARCHIVED] July 14th COVID-19 Update
- MA Reopening: Massachusetts remains in Phase 3 - Step 1 for now.
- As of today, DPH is reporting 112,130 probable and confirmed cases in Massachusetts, of which 8,830 are in Plymouth County.
- As of last Wednesday, DPH was reporting 281 COVID-19 cases in Hingham.
- COVID-19 Beach Guidance: As a reminder, now that we’re in beach season, passive recreation at beaches is allowed under the following guidelines:
- Groups of 10 people maximum when seated
- Maintain at least 12 ft. of distance between groups
- Beach capacity can be limited by manager to achieve social distancing guidance
- Face coverings required at beaches and parking areas when social distancing is not possible in accordance with COVID-19 Executive Order No. 31
- Water sports are allowed, but organized ball games like volleyball, spike ball, Kadima, bocce, etc. are not allowed at this time
- Any food service or concessions must conform to applicable food service and restaurant guidance
- Restrooms can be open with social distancing in interior spaces and while waiting in line, and CDC-compliant cleaning protocols
- Please respect these guidelines and do your part to keep yourself and fellow beachgoers safe this summer. And don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Town Hall: Starting yesterday, we have more staff coverage in Town Hall during normal Town Hall business hours, which are Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm; Tuesdays from 8:30am-7:00pm; and Fridays from 8:30am-1:00pm. While Town Hall remains open to employees only at this time, we are working towards reopening to the public later this summer. Please continue to call and email departments to get in touch.