News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/16/2020 9:20:31 AM to 1/1/2022 12:00:04 AM.
Posted on: December 16, 2020
[ARCHIVED] December 15, 2020 Weekly COVID-19 Update
- As of yesterday, the MA Department of Public Health (DPH) is reporting 283,146 total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts, of which 18,723 are in Plymouth County.
- As of Friday, Hingham remains in the state’s “yellow” COVID-19 category, with 622 total cases (compared to 504 total cases two weeks ago).
- Our average daily incidence rate is 31.24 per 100,000 people over the prior 14 days, compared to 16.7 two weeks ago.
- These are huge increases, and Hingham case numbers continue to rise. Our Health Department is seeing a 28-34% weekly increase in cases over the last month.
- We are also seeing a steady and concerning increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations across the state.
- I can’t stress continued vigilance enough. The virus is spreading rapidly as we head into the holiday season and winter.
- Please, for the sake or yourself, your family, and your community, rethink any travel plans or gatherings you had planned for the coming weeks. COVID-19 spreads easily and can be fatal.
- There is light as the end of the tunnel as vaccine distribution in the US began this week.
- The Town has formed a Vaccine Planning Group as part of our COVID-19 Incident Management Team to coordinate vaccine rollout logistics for the town. We’ll share more information as it becomes available over the coming weeks.
- As we announced previously, we have a new COVID-19 testing resource in town. The Town has partnered with mPathy LLC to open a COVID-19 testing site at 308 Cushing Street.
- The testing site is open Mondays through Saturdays from 7:00am to 4:00pm, with the first three hours (7:00am to 10:00am) reserved for Town of Hingham residents and employees.
- Please note that the testing site will be closed this Thursday, December 17th due to the winter storm. mPathy will notify everyone who has scheduled appointments for Thursday via email.
- COVID-19 testing is available for people of all ages, including children. Please visit mpathy.org/schedule to make an appointment online, which you can do many days in advance.
- Test results will be sent to individuals via email, usually within 24-48 hours.
- Questions about the Hingham COVID-19 testing site or your test results can be directed to mPathy LLC at email@example.com or 339-201-5516.
- Finally, DPH has published some tips to make COVID-19 isolation and quarantine easier for people who have tested positive or have been identified as a close contact.
- We’ll post a link on the Town’s COVID-19 update center and on social media for anyone looking for information on how to prepare for isolation or quarantine and make sure you have the support you need. Prepare for Isolation and Quarantine