Board of Assessors
Update Due to Coronavirus
Staff will be working remotely and will monitor and respond to emails and voicemails to the best of their ability. You can email us at Assessors@hingham-ma.gov or you can leave a message at 781-741-1455 and we will return your call as soon as possible.
We have suspended all inspections, with the exception of drive-bys from a vehicle, until at least April 7th. Board of Assessors meetings will not be held until at least mid-April and will be posted with the Town Clerk’s office.
- 10:30 a.m.
- Every other Tuesday of the month
- Central Meeting Room North
Hingham Town Hall
Meetings will be posted in accordance with state law. It is advised that you check the posting beforehand, if you plan to attend, to make sure the meeting day/time has not been changed.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Minutes 2011 and Older
This page has been created to give the taxpayer an overview of the operation of this town department and to provide information that might be helpful to the taxpayer in dealing with our office. We hope that this information will educate the public so that they may have a better understanding of their rights and how their Assessments are calculated.
If this web-page triggers a question or a need for more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
- What is the Community Preservation Act?
- How is your assessment determined?
- What does the Assessor do?
- What doesn't the assessor do?
- What is proposition 2 ½?
- How can my taxes increase?
- What if I disagree with the assessment of my property?
- What types of exemptions (reduction from real estate taxes) does the Town of Hingham offer?