Marriage intentions may be filed in any town clerk's office within the Commonwealth, when you are planning to be married in Massachusetts.
- Both parties must be over the age of 18. Please bring proof of age using one of the following documents:
- an original or certified copy of a record of birth;
- an original or certified copy of a baptismal record;
- a passport;
- a life insurance policy;
- an employment certificate;
- a school record;
- an immigration record;
- a naturalization record; or
- a court record.
- Both parties must file together.
- The license will be issued 3-days after filing (A waiver may be obtained for a fee through the courts).
- Anyone may pick up the completed license on your behalf.
- License is valid for 60 days from the filing date.
Filing fee is $40 - includes one certified copy of the license.