Naval Ammo Depot
Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Study
The Army Corps of Engineers and their consultants will be conducting site investigation work throughout Bare Cove Park beginning in late April and continuing through July. Please check this page regularly for area closures and other important information
Current Hingham NAD RI field activities
MA-3A BRIDGE CLOSURE – Due to ongoing environmental investigations being completed by the US Army Corps of Engineers, the bridge on MA-3A crossing over the Weymouth Back River will be closed during the night on 16-18 October 2018 from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
Previous Week (8-12 October 2018)
- Intrusive analog polygon and transect investigations in the Weymouth Back River and South Pier.
- Road closure awareness signage (electric signs) were installed on Tuesday, 9 October 2018.
Next Week (15-19 October 2018)
- Intrusive investigations in the North Pier during the night between 2100 and 0500.
- MA-3A closure during the nights of 16-18 October 2018 (Tuesday – Thursday).
- Detour route signage will be installed and removed each night during MA-3A closure.
Out Week 1 (22-26 October 2018)
- Monday, 22 October 2018 – Tear down, load, and stow. No anticipated intrusive operations.
- Tuesday, 23 October 2018 – Intrusive investigations in the Furnace Area.
- Wednesday, 24 October 2018 – Demobilization
- See attached figure for next weeks anticipated work locations and for the larger intrusive project schedule. This is subject to change and will be managed by the on-site SUXOS/Dive Supervisor and UXOQC/SO in coordination with the Project Management Team.
- Intrusive work is scheduled to be completed during the week of 22 October 2018.
Highlights or Outstanding Issues
- The remaining background sampling in Great Esker Park and in the southeast portion of Bare Cove Park has been postponed. Notification and an updated schedule will be provided prior to additional sampling activities.
- We have MassDOT approval of the Traffic Control Plan. The permit itself is circulating for signature but we have been informed there are no issues with the work scheduled for next week.
- Attached are the meeting minutes from the 3 October 2018 MA-3A closure meeting in Hingham.
- The on-site Quality Control/Safety Officer (Bill Bendel) is being switched next week. Contact information will be provided once we receive approval of replacement personnel.
- NAD RIFS Community Meeting, 29 March 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule, 11 April 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 27 April 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 4 May 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 11 May 2018
- NAD 9 May 2018 Images
- NAD 10 May 2018 Images
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 18 May 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 25 May 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 1 June 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 8 June 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 15 June 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 22 June 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 29 June 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 6 July 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 13 July 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 20 July 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 27 July 2018
- Subtidal Sediment Sampling Locations
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 3 August 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 10 August 2018
- Proposed Intertidal Upgradient Sampling Area
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 17 August 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 21 August 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 14 September 2018
- South Pier Dig Locations
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 21 September 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 28 September 2018
- NAD Photographs 19-21 September 2018
- NAD - Anticipated Work Locations - 1-5 October 2018
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 8 October 2018
- NAD October 2018 images
- MA-3A Bridge Closure Media Announcement
- MA-3A Closure Meeting Agenda 3 October 2018 Meeting Minutes
- NAD RIFS Field Work Schedule 12 October 2018
- NAD Weekly Schedule 15-23 October 2018