|Keith Jermyn||Veterans' Services Officer|
|Janine Suchecki||Vice Chair, Public Affairs Officer||2019|
The Veterans Council meets on the First Thursday of each month in Hingham Town Hall, at 7:00 pm, as noted on the Town Website.
The current meeting Agenda and previous meeting Minutes are submitted NLT 48 hrs. prior to the meetings as set by law.
- Commander, American Legion Post 120: Scott McMillan
- Commander, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6053: Frank Curtis
- Commander, Linden Ponds Veterans Association, Hank Maude
The Hingham Veterans' Council is composed of 13 residents of Hingham, who serve at the pleasure of the Board of Selectmen.
In addition to the Veterans' Services Officer, who is a town employee, 9 members are volunteers appointed to fill staggered 3-year terms by the Board of Selectmen. The Council's Chaplain as well as the current Commanders of Hingham's American Legion and VFW posts fill volunteer positions on the Council.
The Council is an unpaid advisory board established in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, chapter 115, section 12 to "render such assistance to the director of veterans' services of the municipality…as the director may request."
The Council routinely provides assistance to the Town's Veterans' Services department in the following:
- Memorial Day and Veterans' Day observance
- POW/MIA Remembrance Day observance
- Medal of Honor recipient Herbert L. Foss birthday remembrance
- Blue Star Banner presentation
- Veteran-related charitable donations management and accounting
- Valor Act Tax Work-off Program management
- Suffolk University Veterans Upward Bound recognition