Members are appointed by the Select Board.
- Chief David Jones, Chair
- Sergeant Jeffrey Kilroy, Police Department, Representative for Chief David Jones
- Captain David Levenson, Fire Department, Representative for Chief Murphy
- Randy Sylvester, Representative for the Department of Public Works
- JR Frey, Representative for the Project Engineering Department
- Rita DaSilva, Representative for the Planning Board
- Daniel Miller Dempsey
OverviewThe Traffic Committee is an advisory committee and makes recommendations to the Select Board for implementation. It considers all aspects of traffic and safety issues which are brought to the Committee's attention from citizens as well as Town Departments. For many years it consisted of representatives of the Police Department, Fire Department, Department of Public Works (DPW), Parking Clerk, Planning Board, and Light Department. In 1997, the committee was reorganized to include three citizen representatives, appointed for three year terms, plus the Police Chief (Chairman), Fire Chief, Town Planner and DPW Superintendent.
The Traffic Committee exists to assist Hingham residents and business owners with ways to alleviate traffic concerns in all areas of the Town. The Traffic Committee does not have the power to implement changes but rather recommends proposals to the Select Board.
Should a resident or merchant have a topic to bring before the Traffic Committee, they should make a written request to the Select Board and carbon copy the Chief David Jones, Hingham Police Department.
Questions regarding traffic issues can by addressed by Sgt. Jeff Kilroy, Traffic Sergeant, Hingham Police Department, at 781-749-1212.