Transfer Station Stickers
COVID-19 Update: While the DPW office is CLOSED.
For residents, who have stickers that have expired in 2020 while the office has been closed, you will be permitted to continue to use the Transfer Station until the office re-opens.
For new residents or residents with older expired stickers, please email DPWAdmin@hingham-ma.gov with a Transfer Station Permit Application and proof of residency and we will email you a temporary permit until the office re-opens.
If you have any further questions, please call 781-741-1430 or email DPWAdmin@hingham-ma.gov
*** HINGHAM RESIDENTS ONLY ***
All BLUE Square Residential Transfer Station Permits (Stickers) Have Expired
RED Square Residential Transfer Station Permits (Stickers)
All Red square residential transfer station permits (stickers) will expire in 2020.
Permits (stickers) will expire in the month which corresponds with the last number (not letter) on your license plate. See schedule below:
- 1 - January 2020
- 2 - February 2020
- 3 - March 2020
- 4 - April 2020
- 5 - May 2020
- 6 - June 2020
- 7 - July 2020
- 8 - August 2020
- 9 - September 2020
- 0 - October 2020
- Vanity Plates (all letters) - November 2020
- Commercial/Part-time - December 2020
- 82C GRG would be due in February 2020
- 841 DP6 would be due in June 2020
- 250 GLB would be due in October 2020
New Green Square Residential Transfer Station Permits (Stickers)
- One free Green square permit (sticker) per household - $25 for additional permits (stickers).
- Not valid for pick up trucks or vans with commercial plates
- Not valid on non passenger vans used for commercial purposes
- If you Sell/Trade in your vehicle or replace your windshield, please take the permit (sticker) off and bring it in and we will replace it free of charge. Otherwise there will be a $25 replacement charge.
- All permits (Green Stickers) will expire in the month which corresponds with the last number (not letter) on your license plate in 2021.
- 82C GRG would be due in February 2021
- 841 DP6 would be due in June 2021
- 250 GLB would be due in October 2021
To Obtain a Residential Transfer Station Sticker/Permit (Hingham Residents Only)
Please bring to the Department of Public Works Office at 25 Bare Cove Park Drive:
- Vehicle you want the sticker on
- Current Vehicle Registration (registered in Hingham). If new resident please see below.
- Driver's License
- Transfer Station Permit Application (PDF) (also available at the Department Public Works Office)
- One free permit/sticker per household. $25 charge for additional stickers (cash or check only).
For New Residents
We can issue a 3-week temporary permit to new residents to give you time to change your address on your registration. Please bring proof of Hingham residency (Hingham Light bill, Purchase and Sale or Lease Agreement) in addition to list above.
If your registration is not due to expire, contact your car insurance company and let them know that you moved. They will send you a Coverage Selections page of your policy that shows your new Hingham address, as well as your vehicle. Please bring that document in along with your registration and we can then put a permit/sticker on your vehicle.
Leased VehiclesBring in your:
- Vehicle Registration
- Coverage Selection Page from your car insurance company. This will list your address as well as your vehicle.
- Drivers License
Part Time Resident StickerFor residents who live in Hingham, but not year round and their vehicle is not registered in the town of Hingham. Bring your:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Registration
- Hingham tax bill or utility bill
- Cash or Check (made out to the Town of Hingham) $25
If You Already Have a Sticker and You Are Getting a New Vehicle
- Make sure you take the sticker off the vehicle you are no longer using
- Bring the sticker with you when you come to get a sticker for the new vehicle, even if it came off in pieces
- The old sticker cannot be placed on the new vehicle as it will not match our records
- If the sticker does not come back there may be a replacement fee