What do we do...
Our Department provides a wide variety of support services to Town departments, commissions, and boards. Some of our responsibilities include:
- Feasibility studies,
- Preparation of procurement documents,
- Cost estimating/budgets, specifications, scheduling
- Project management/coordination/oversight, payment authorization, value engineering
- Review of designs/plans and estimates by outside consultants
- Grant Preparation and Management
- Conducting public procurement for vertical and horizontal projects (MGL chapter 7, 149, 30 & 30B).
We prepare procedures and manuals, such as:
- The Community Preservation Committee (CPC) Process Manual
- The Beach Management Pan
- Road Acceptance Procedures
We undertake annual management of various capital projects in addition to the reconstruction of the Town’s roadway system by:
- Developing a 5 year construction plan and a 25 year outlay
- Management of the Chapter 90 road building monies as well as Town funded Road Building monies-totaling 1.3 million dollars annually
- Coordinate with state agencies such as Executive office of Transportation and private utility companies
- Grant Preparation & Management - PWED Grants, MORE Grants, CZM Grants & RT 3A CTPS Grant totaling approx. $2.2 million, plus Grant Preparation for the “Hingham Bathhouse” -Seaport Economic Council
- Boiler Replacement Project at the Library
- Roof replacement at the Library
- Capping of the Landfill
- South Shore Country Club sewer expansion project
- Hingham Square Reconstruction Project
- New DPW facility and the associated “Carlson Fields” projects
- Lincoln School Apartments Management Services Solicitation
- Reconstruction of Town Roads
- Can the Engineering Department locate my property line?
- Where can I get a copy of my deed?
- Does the Engineering Department have a copy of my plot plan?
- Where do I report potholes or road damage?
- When will my road be paved?
- How do roads get selected for construction?
- What does 5-year moratorium mean?
- Will I be able to park on the street during construction?
- Why are there no crews working when construction is scheduled to begin today?
- If questions arise while the crew is working on the street, who can I contact?